I probably won't get time to write about it any further prior to Saturday, so I'll say it here: get psyched for Rory MacDonald and Nate Diaz, kiddos. Despite his loss to Carlos Condit, MacDonald is still one of the brightest prospects in the sport, and Nate Diaz is going to do whatever he can to put on an exciting fight (except wrestle defensively). Now, let's take a look at what happened on the day that the Office should have ended.
- I hate leading with myself, but I posted about Dana White's latest outburst toward Jenna Jameson on Twitter. The story was also picked up by Deadspin. No matter what you think of the content of Dana's tweet, I think we can all agree he acted like a petulant child. Right?
- KJ Gould gave us part two of his look at Jake Shields' American Jiu-Jitsu. I feel bad that KJ put so much work profiling a fighter who is going to get smashed by Georges St. Pierre on Saturday night.
- Dallas G. Winston took a look at Randy Couture vs. Lyoto Machida and Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Jason Brilz. There's a good chance the previews are more exciting than the fights themselves.
- Matt Bishop gave us part 6 of his look at the "magic" of Randy Couture. Couture must have worked some magic on our friend Matt, who decided to take a leap of faith and picked Couture on Bloody Elbow Radio. Matt rated it as a five trillion star pick. I've promised to rub it in Matt's face when I host the UFC 129 postshow on Saturday.
- The USA Today/Sports Blog Nation MMA Consensus Rankings went live for April. Gabriel Gonzaga still ranked at 23. For shame, rankers.
- The UFC announced that Diego Sanchez will fight UFC Hall of Famer Matt Hughes sometime this fall.