Well, Mike Fagan got a turn with Bloody Wraps yesterday and reminded me why you don't give your drunk friend your car keys. Even if he promises that he just wants to get his jacket out of the trunk. But, being a man who doesn't always learn from my mistakes, Mike will take the feature back tomorrow night.
- Did you know that How's Taste My Tweet Tweet is one of our most viewed features every week? Now you do! Anton's latest edition went up this morning. If I had to pick a favorite moment from the week it'd be Ludacris hanging out with Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. Maybe Luda can do the theme song for the next version UFC Undisputed. It's not like he doesn't have the experience:
- Satoshi Ishii is leaving MMA and headed back to Judo. Call me crazy but I never really saw him as a huge prospect. He certainly was important on the Japanese scene, but you just never heard people raving about how much ass he busted (or kicked) in the gym.
- Kid Nate went pretty hard after the legacy of Randy Couture. Couture's persona as some sort of perfect human being is obviously more fiction than fact but I don't think that being a man with flaws and motivations is shocking and horrible. And I certainly don't think that wanting your full pay from a company that may not be around much longer is some sort of a negative, but hey! Different opinions are what make Bloody Elbow fun. Go read Nate's crazy rantings and throw your two cents in the comments.
- Jonathan Snowden appeared on Jordan Breen's Press Row and did a write-up of problems with the current officiating system in MMA. Predictably, the focus in the comments quickly turned away from what Jonathan wrote and into a mad dash to defend "Big" John McCarthy from...from what, I'm not really sure. Snowden may be the only person in the MMA media that can claim that there are problems with officiating in the sport and be met with a flurry of complaints.
- Chael Sonnen's hearing with the NSAC got pushed back. Originally the report was that it was to do with Chael's probation and a motorcycle rally. If that story sounded too bizarre to be true, it's probably because it isn't. Kevin Iole tweeted:
Spoke to Officer Jay Rivera at LV Police. No restriction on Sonnen or any other felons from coming to NV. ... So the felon story is apparently not why the Sonnen hearing is not taking place next week. Still looking into this.
Oh, and it sounds like Chael getting his license back is about to take another negative turn if this Cageside Seats story is correct.
- And finally, props to YCD for winning the second round of the Fightmetric Research Contest.