In an instant classic, Nick Diaz TKOs Paul Daley in what was one of the greatest rounds in MMA history. Diaz defeated Daley via TKO (punches) at 4:57 of round 1 to retain the Strikeforce welterweight championship. Yet Nick Diaz thinks he will get suspended after the Paul Daley win:
"They're going to suspend me for that shit, and I don’t even know why I do this. I’m like, whatever, suspend me, you know what I mean. For whatever, I don’t know, but I can guarantee I’m suspended for whatever happened out there."
Josh Gross tweets:
CSAC executive officer George Dodd told me he has no idea why Nick Diaz thinks he's getting suspended, @arielhelwani. No suspension coming.
More post-fight interviews from MMA Fighting:
- Scott Coker Discusses Diaz vs. Daley Results, What's Next for Gina Carano (video)
- Gilbert Melendez Open to Dominating Strikeforce Before Moving Onto UFC (video)
- Keith Jardine Explains Why He Thinks He Beat Gegard Mousasi (video)
More post-fight interviews from MMA H.E.A.T.'s Karyn Bryant:
- Strikeforce's Shinya Aoki Knew Beerbohm Could Be Submitted (video)
- Strikeforce's Keith Jardine Talks About Majority Draw With Gegard Mousasi (video)
More post-fight interviews from Shosports:
- Gilbert Melendez - Post Fight (video)