Brazilian light heavyweight contender Antonio Rogerio Nogueira takes on one of the sport’s rising stars, undefeated Phil Davis, a former Division I national champion wrestler from Penn State, in Spike TV’s UFC Fight Night Live from the KeyArena in Seattle, Wash. on Saturday, March 26 at 10 p.m. ET. The co-feature showcases a welterweight battle between British sensation Dan Hardy and knockout artist Anthony Johnson.
The coverage begins at 2 p.m. ET. Join us for commentary and analysis. Don't miss it.
Scheduled on the call are Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, Phil Davis, Dan Hardy and Anthony Johnson.
[UPDATES] via @Mike_Fagan_13:
- Antonio Rogerio Nogueira: I was already far into my camp for Tito, but Phil's a wrestler too, so my training doesn't change too much.
- Nog: This is definitely a great moment in my career. It's a big step for me.
- Nog: This fight is just as tough as it would have been with Tito. Every fight is tough.
- Nog: Davis and I trained not too long ago. Very strong wrestling, very strong ground skills.
- Nog: I've dedicated the last year to wrestling.
- Phil Davis: It's an excellent opportunity to fight a legend in the sport. I'm thrilled just to be in the Octagon with him.
- Davis: Nogueira is a threat everywhere.
- Davis: I took a lot of thought before agreeing to this fight. Great opportunity, but it's a huge challenge.
- Davis: I don't know if I'm close to fighting for a title. That's not for me to say. I have to worry about Nogueira first.
- Davis: I'm definitely taking time off after this fight to improve my fight. This fight came sooner than I expected.
- Davis: I take inspiration from Jon Jones. He accomplished so much in such little time.
- Dan Hardy: Anthony and I are friendly. No reason to fabricate trash talk. I've invested my energy into my training.
- Hardy: I always like to put pressure on myself. I perform better. I've put myself in a situation where I feel like I'm fighting for my job.
- Hardy: The Monday morning after the Condit fight I was back in the gym. I was annoyed that I let myself and my fans down.
- Hardy: I got back to the UK just before Christmas. I've done my camp with Team Rough House.
- Hardy: It's always good having Paul Daley around. We've been together for 9 years.
- Hardy: I've knocked out enough people that it was bound to happen to me.
- Hardy: I'm annoyed that Condit thinks he's a better fighter than me. He isn't.
- Hardy: I wasn't quite sure how the medical suspension works. If someone tells me I can't punch for 30 days, I'm not going to listen to them.
- Anthony Johnson: Dan's already been respectful to me. I like watching him fight. We're top athletes, we don't need to go back-and-forth.
- Rumble: I said I was thinking of moving to 185 to get people talking about me while I was out. 170 pounds is my home.
- Rumble: I don't think GSP is giving up the belt any time soon. There's still guys who want to get a piece of him.
- Rumble: I got pretty big, pretty lazy being out with the injury. My weight is great now.
- Rumble: I'll be under 200 pounds in cage. Maybe 180-185.
- Rumble: Hell no. This fight isn't going to the ground. You're talking to two guys who like to bang.
- Rumble: We don't like that lovey-dovey stuff. That's why we should be in the main event.