FightMetric news and notes from UFC 127:
- FightMetric scored the main event 29-27 for Jon Fitch. In the second round, FightMetric credited B.J. Penn and Fitch each with one takedown and Fitch with a sweep. The striking totals favor Fitch (59-18 Total Strikes, 14-5 Significant Strikes). FightMetric also scored round three 10-8 for Fitch, who outlanded Penn 149 to 2 in the round.
- Those 149 strikes place Fitch second all-time in strikes landed in a single round in the UFC, behind Matt Riddle's 168 against Steve Bruno. Fitch tied Riddle for the UFC record for strikes thrown in a single round with 181.
- With 231 strikes landed in the fight, Fitch leaped into the number one spot over Georges St. Pierre in total career strikes landed.
- Fitch's two takedowns moved him into a tie for third with Gleison Tibau for total career takedowns landed with 52.
- FightMetric scored the Fukuda/Ring fight 30-27 for Riki Fukuda. Pretty interesting raw stats: Ring outlanded Fukuda in both of the first two rounds, but FightMetric scored both rounds for Fukuda, who was only credited with one pass to half-guard, anyway.
- Michael Bisping's 50 Significant Strikes landed moved him up one spot to number seven.
- With five UFC bouts now under his belt, Ross Pearson entered the Significant Strikes Defended list at number two.