SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - FEBRUARY 27: Jon Fitch of the USA looks across the octagon at BJ Penn of the USA before the start of their welterweight bout part of UFC 127 at Acer Arena on February 27, 2011 in Sydney, Australia. (Photo by Mark Kolbe/Getty Images)
FightMetric news and notes from UFC 127:
- FightMetric scored the main event 29-27 for Jon Fitch. In the second round, FightMetric credited B.J. Penn and Fitch each with one takedown and Fitch with a sweep. The striking totals favor Fitch (59-18 Total Strikes, 14-5 Significant Strikes). FightMetric also scored round three 10-8 for Fitch, who outlanded Penn 149 to 2 in the round.
- Those 149 strikes place Fitch second all-time in strikes landed in a single round in the UFC, behind Matt Riddle's 168 against Steve Bruno. Fitch tied Riddle for the UFC record for strikes thrown in a single round with 181.
- With 231 strikes landed in the fight, Fitch leaped into the number one spot over Georges St. Pierre in total career strikes landed.
- Fitch's two takedowns moved him into a tie for third with Gleison Tibau for total career takedowns landed with 52.
- FightMetric scored the Fukuda/Ring fight 30-27 for Riki Fukuda. Pretty interesting raw stats: Ring outlanded Fukuda in both of the first two rounds, but FightMetric scored both rounds for Fukuda, who was only credited with one pass to half-guard, anyway.
- Michael Bisping's 50 Significant Strikes landed moved him up one spot to number seven.
- With five UFC bouts now under his belt, Ross Pearson entered the Significant Strikes Defended list at number two.