Apologies to everyone for the lack of Bloody Wraps for a few days here. We had a death in the family and I had a lot of different things that needed to be taken care of and kept me out of action longer than planned. I'm excited to be back and looking forward to getting back to work.
- "Kid" Yamamoto vs. Demetrious Johnson will stream live on Facebook this Saturday. i don't know how "special" that special announcement was but it is good to know that there is no doubt as to Kid's fight being seen. Johnson getting some exposure when he wins will be pretty sweet too.
- Jonathan Snowden asked "Will Age Catch Up to the Great Anderson Silva at UFC 126?" While I know the rib injury thing is a legitimate excuse for Anderson getting beat on the feet for much of his fight with Chael Sonnen, something has just looked "off" since he went up to 205 to beat Forrest Griffin. Not that Silva has been lacking in moments of brilliance but it's not outside the realm of possibility that going up in weight and dropping back down may have taken a toll on him the way it has with many older combat athletes throughout history (such as Roy Jones Jr.)
- The UFC 126 press conference was today. Shockingly, all fighters expect to do well but are ready for a tough challenge.
- Fanpost of the Day goes to community member Damon O. for breaking down the big prospects in female MMA. It's no secret that I'm no fan of women's MMA but that's mostly due to a lack of depth across the sport. The emergence of new stars (along with having a stage to ply their trade) could change things for me.
- Snowden kept busy with his monthly look at the five February fights that have him most excited. No Antonio McKee fight should be on any list of the sort, especially over a fight like Ryan Bader vs. Jon Jones. But props to Snowden for mixing things up. Variety is the spice of life and all that.