Photo by Esther Lin for Showtime Sports.
SBNation's Luke Thomas was at the post-fight press conference. M-1 Global President Vadim Finkelstein and Evgeni Kogan spoke regarding Fedor's loss and potential retirement. They have become well-known figures to MMA fans in the past few years as they have negotiated Fedor's place in the post-Pride MMA world:
- Finkelstein says "god willing" Fedor will fight again. Hinted the fight should've gone to a third round.
- Kogan says the atmosphere in the locker room after the fight was very quiet.
- Vadim does not think it was a "clear cut" loss. He believes we will see Fedor return to MMA.
- Says the health of a fighter is the priority, so stopping it was the right decision. Somewhat contradicts what they said earlier.
- Jerry Millen is here, but not on stage.
- Finkelstein says Fedor is "really upset" because he was ready for this fight. He's had a "wonderful career" and that the stoppage isn't such a clear cut loss that it will dissuade him from competing.
- Scott Coker calls Fedor the best MMA heavyweight ever.
- The decision to retire or not retire is Fedor's, but Finkelstein says he knows Fedor and that he won't retire.