We have entered the final month of a historic year in mixed martial arts, and the UFC is vamping up for an even bigger year in 2012. Fights for the next FOX event have been announced, shows for FUEL TV and FX are on the schedule and trips to Japan, Australia and Sweden appear to be in the works as well.
The past week had no shortage of news to keep mixed martial arts fans talking. If you have been living under a rock and happened to miss them, here are the top headlines from November 28th- December 4th.
- The Ultimate Fighter 14 Finale went down from Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday night. Michael Bisping dominated Jason "Mayhem" Miller en route to a third round TKO to win his fourth straight fight. Other main card winners included Diego Brandao, John Dodson, Tony Ferguson and Johnny Bedford. Results for entire fight card here.
- A number of newsworthy items came out after Saturday’s event, most notably, UFC president Dana White’s post-fight comments about the possibility Jason "Mayhem" Miller may not get another fight in the UFC after his performance against Michael Bisping. (MMAFighting)
- If you happened to miss any of them, all the post-fight interviews from The Ultimate Fighter 14 Finale are in one place. Watch them here.
- The UFC officially announced the main event and co-main event fights for UFC on FOX 2, scheduled for January 28th from Chicago, Illinois. In the main event, a bout first scheduled for UFC 133 last August will finally come to fruition as light heavyweight contenders "Suga" Rashad Evans and Phil "Mr. Wonderful" Davis collide. In the co-main event of the evening, a middleweight number one contenders bout between Chael Sonnen and Mark Munoz. (UFC)
- UFC 138 main event competitor Chris "The Crippler" Leben failed his post-fight drug test. Leben, who lost the November 5th bout to Mark Munoz via second round TKO, tested positive for Oxycodone and Oxymorphone and will be suspended for one year. Click here for the full story, including quotes from Leben and UFC president Dana White.
- The 2011 World MMA Awards took place in Las Vegas last Wednesday, and a handful of awards were handed out for a handful of categories. Just a few of the winners were UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones as "Fighter of the Year", Herb Dean as "Referee of the Year" and Greg Jackson as "Coach of the Year". Head over to MMAJunkie for the full list of winners (MMAJunkie)
- Welterweight contenders Jake Ellenberger and Diego Sanchez will headline the first ever UFC on FUEL TV fight card, scheduled for February 15th from Omaha, Nebraska. (UFC)
- Events for the first two months of 2012 are scheduled, and boatloads of fights have been announced for those cards over the past week. Head over to our rumors section for the up to date fight cards for every event. (Rumors)