Dana White talked to Ariel Helwani about a ton of topics in this UFC 141 video. (Photo by Michael Cohen/Getty Images)
UFC President Dana White did his customary pre-event interview with MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani Wednesday after the UFC 141 press conference, talking openly about his decision to bring back exiled bantamweight Miguel Torres, explaining his previous comments about Alistair Overeem not being a top 10 fighter in the world, why he didn't like the Nate Diaz hat flip and more.
Some of the more interesting quotes from the 18-minute discussion:
- On the potential backlash of rehiring Torres: "
- On previously saying Overeem wasn't top 10: "We got him here and we'll find out on Friday...In my opinion, he hasn't been fighting the best in the world."
- Frank Mir was ready to step in if Overeem wasn't cleared. He had no comment on the Overeem drug testing issues of the past few weeks.
- He was ready for an altercation with Nate Diaz and Donald Cerrone and what Cerrone said to irritate Diaz.
- He responded to Jon Fitch's comments about MMA become more like pro wrestling and about what he hears about his fights. "He's got to be honest with himself....a little more of a reality check."
- How to avoid people thinking the event is on Saturday instead of Friday.
- He gets particularly fired up when responding to Keith Kizer's comments about the UFC wanting to be like the WBC.
Get all that and more with the full 18-minute video after the jump.