What up mutherfukers!! If I know one thing, it's that an inordinate amount of you drive vans with phonetician blinds in the windows. If I know another thing, it's that you sick bastards are fanatical about your MMA. If I told you that I offered a way to make MMA even better, is that something you might be interested in? Mmmm? Hmmm? That's what I thought. For those of you that don't know, the BE Civil War is a team MMA predictions game. You have to pick the winner, round and method (T/KO, Sub,Unanimous Dec., Split Dec.) for every fight on the next 10 UFC cards. You also have an obligation to talk shit in the live threads. And to not make "arrow in the knee" jokes. I don't need to sell this, as most of you probably saw some of the epic live threads this War produced last season as well as feel the allure of gently placing your sac on the forehead of a vanquished foe through competition. So, here's how to join:
- If you're not already a member, you'll have to go to http://www.mmaplayground.com/ and register. Pick the same username as your BE screename, or as close as you can get to it.
- Once you've registered, click on the "Join a Fight Camp" option, and search for "BE Civil War" (http://www.mmaplayground.com/camp.aspx?Display=MessageBoard). Send a request to join and I'll accept it. If you are not in the camp by 3:00 pm on Thursday, Dec. 22 (this Thurs.), YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE DRAFT.
- If you are already a member of the BloodyElbow.com camp, you must leave the camp and join the BE Civil War camp. If you have a particular aversion to leaving the main camp, send me an email at jackietreehornstrampoline at g mail and we can discuss it.
- Only leave a comment in this thread saying you want to play AFTER you've registered on Playground and sent a request to the camp. Words are wind, as are declarations of interest without a corresponding PG registration.
- Only join if you're ready, willing and able to pick every event. I can't stress this enough. If you have any doubt as to your ability to to do this, whether as a result of a crazy schedule, inability to focus on something for that long, new baby, arrest, alien abduction, love affair with a transgendered Malaysian nympho or what-have-you, I don't give a shit. You won't be fucking yourself over in an act of inexplicable self destruction. No- you'll be sadistically, selfishly and scumbaggedly fucking over your teammates and the captain who demonstrated faith in you by picking your sorry, good for nothing, hairy ass. There's way more shame in committing and then not coming through than the inverse. There is no out this time- even if you miss picks, you will be kept in the contest. Your 0 score may count towards your team's total, and you will be stuck with pissed off teammates and the shame of Abu Ghraib on your shoulders.
- Number of teams, size and structure are going to be dependent on the amount of people that sign up, but I'm leaning towards 11 or 12 man teams, with either the top 10 or 11 scores being counted or each captain being responsible to set lineups prior to each event. No matter what, if someone scores a zero, for the following week they will have to be in the lineup or their score will be counted regardless of being in the top 10 or not. If we do lineups, and someone in the lineup scores 0, it WILL count towards his teams total. I'm hoping that personal responsibility will be a greater motivator than the deterrent of expulsion.
- If you're interested in becoming a captain for season 2, please leave a comment in this thread with "Captain" in the subject line.
- Only those who played all the way through Season 1 are eligible to be captains.
- If you were a captain last season, feel free to volunteer again, but preference will be given to first timers (outside of zakkree who's in on account of my dirty gangster, Bellator-esque Champions clause).
Please feel free to leave any questions or concerns in the thread.