At UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida, Chan Sung Jung shocked Mark Hominick, knocking the former #1 contender out in just 7 seconds. The fast KO officially tied Todd Duffee's KO of Tim Hague for fastest knockout in UFC history. This was the opening PPV bout on UFC 140. Hominick has now lost 2 in a row, while The Korean Zombie is now 2-0 in the UFC.
Even those who picked Jung to win this fight probably didn't see things going down like this. Hominick, the superior technical striker, came in quickly, but left his hands down. With one punch, Jung made him pay for his casual approach, landing a perfect right hand that dropped Mark Hominick mere moments into the fight. Jung jumped on him and finished the fight. Hominick complained afterwards, but it was a fair stoppage as he was out. Shocking victory for Jung, and a real unfortunate loss for Hominick in Canada.
What was the high spot of this fight?
It was literally one punch and ground and pound. I'll pick the punch.
Where do these guys go from here?
Chan Sung Jung has always seemed like something of an attraction fighter, more there for entertaining fights than for actually being a contender. But by stopping Hominick in 7 seconds, especially in Hominick's first fight since going the distance with Jose Aldo, Jung immediately makes a huge name for himself. The Featherweight division is a bit thin at this point, and to be totally honest, if Hatsu Hioki doesn't win big at UFC 144, don't be shocked if Jung is your next challenger for the title.
This is a definite setback for Hominick, but he's still a contender at the top of the division. Hominick has long shown interest in avenging himself against Hioki (who holds 2 wins over Hominick) - maybe now is the time.
Watch it now, later or never?
It has taken you longer to read this sentence than it would to watch the fight. Watch it now.
- UFC 140 Results: Dan Henderson Calls Out Jon Jones, Wants to Test His Chin - Anton Tabuena
- UFC 140 Results: Jon Jones Told to Check on Lyoto Machida Post-Fight to 'Get Some Fans' - Brent Brookhouse
- UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida Results - Jon Jones is the Best Fighter on Earth - Brent Brookhouse
- UFC 140: Frank Mir Uses a Kimura to Break Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Arm - Ben Thapa
- UFC 140 Results: Winners, Losers, and Other Thoughts - Matthew Roth
- UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida Results - Did Fight Endings Prove MMA is Too Violent to Fully Go Mainstream? - Brent Brookhouse
- UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida Results and Post-Fight Analysis - Brent Brookhouse
- UFC 140 Photo: X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank Mir - Anton Tabuena
- UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida Event Video Highlights - Anton Tabuena
- UFC 140 Video Results: Dana White Praises Jon Jones and Frank Mir - Matthew Roth
- UFC 140 Results: Full Post-Fight Press Conference Video - Matthew Roth
- UFC 140 Results: Jon Jones Vs. Lyoto Machida In Photos - Matthew Roth
- UFC 140 Frank Mir vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Video: Full Fight Highlights - Matthew Roth
- UFC 140 Jon Jones vs. Lyoto Machida Video: Full Fight Highlights - Matthew Roth
- Bad Boy Presents Bloody Elbow Radio - Episode 108: UFC 140 Results Review - Matt Bishop
- UFC 140 Results: Jon Jones Puts Lyoto Machida To Sleep With A Standing Guillotine - Matthew Roth
- UFC 140 Results: Frank Mir Submits Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Via Kimura - Matthew Roth
- UFC 140 Results: Antonio Rogerio Nogueira Stops Tito Ortiz in the First - Matthew Roth
- UFC 140 Results: Brian Ebersole Picks Up Split Decision Over Claude Patrick - Matthew Roth
- UFC 140 Results: Chan Sung Jung Knocks Out Mark Hominick Early In First Round - Matthew Roth
- UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida - Live Results and Play-By-Play for Pay-Per-View Card - Brent Brookhouse
- UFC 140 Results: Igor Pokrajac Knocks Krzysztof Soszynski Out Early In First Round - Matthew Roth
- UFC 140 Results: Constantinos Philippou Stops Jared Hamman with Punches - Matthew Roth
- UFC 140 Results: Dennis Hallman Chokes John Makdessi out In The First Round - Matthew Roth
- UFC 140 Results: Yves Jabouin Earns Split Decision Over Walel Watson - Matthew Roth
- UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida - Live Results and Play-By-Play for ION TV Undercard - Brent Brookhouse
- UFC 140 Results: Mark Bocek Wins Unanimous Decision Over Nik Lentz - Matthew Roth
- UFC 140 Results: Jake Hecht Stops Rich Attonito In The Second Round - Matthew Roth
- UFC 140 Results: John Cholish Stops Mitch Clarke with Strikes - Matthew Roth
- UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida - Live Results and Play-By-Play For Facebook Fights - Brent Brookhouse