Jon Jones def. Lyoto Machida by TKO. That's UFC Undisputed 3's prediction for UFC 140.
In the weeks leading up to this event, you have probably heard all the analysis, predictions, and breakdowns from all the experts and pundits. Now, here's a fun and interesting take, as the makers of the upcoming video game, UFC Undisputed 3, simulated the fight 25 times in AI matches and made a prediction.
Here's the outcome of those simulations and the interesting stats they got from it:
- Jones won 18 out of 25 bouts, only 1 of these wins were by submission
- Machida only won 7 out of the 25 simulations
- Only 1 of those 7 wins from Machida were by KO, the rest were decisions.
- On those 25 bouts, Jones landed 61% of his takedown attempts.
- Jones also landed 42% more strikes than Machida.
Interestingly enough, the current betting odds that have Machida close to a 4-1 underdog. This means that according to bookmakers, Lyoto only has a 20% chance of winning the bout. That's 5 out of 25 bouts, and pretty close to the game's simulation.
Did the game predict it correctly? I guess we'll find out in a few hours.