In the weeks leading up to this event, you have probably heard all the analysis, predictions, and breakdowns from all the experts and pundits. Now, here's a fun and interesting take, as the makers of the upcoming video game, UFC Undisputed 3, simulated the fight 25 times in AI matches and made a prediction.
Here's the outcome of those simulations and the interesting stats they got from it:
- Jones won 18 out of 25 bouts, only 1 of these wins were by submission
- Machida only won 7 out of the 25 simulations
- Only 1 of those 7 wins from Machida were by KO, the rest were decisions.
- On those 25 bouts, Jones landed 61% of his takedown attempts.
- Jones also landed 42% more strikes than Machida.
Interestingly enough, the current betting odds that have Machida close to a 4-1 underdog. This means that according to bookmakers, Lyoto only has a 20% chance of winning the bout. That's 5 out of 25 bouts, and pretty close to the game's simulation.
Did the game predict it correctly? I guess we'll find out in a few hours.