As always, here are a few updates on the Asian MMA scene.
- First of, here's an excellently produced highlight video from Legend FC 6 that happened on October 30 in Macau. It was headlined by talented lightweights Jadamba Narantungalag and Adrian Pang. (You can check out the full results here)
- On November 26, Guam's premier organization, Pacific X-treme Combat, will be hosting their 3rd show in the Philippines, and their 28th major show overall. It will be headlined by a bout between Jon Tuck (5-0) and Tristan Arenal (4-1), and the card will be broadcast on free TV in the Philippines, at AKTV.
- Tuck is an undefeated fighter who notched the biggest win of his career two years ago, when he handed popular Filipino fighter, Eduard Folayang his first and only loss. Since then, Folayang has won 5 straight MMA bouts and has raised his stock by having his share in the limelight headlining URCC, Martial Combat and ONE FC events. Tuck on the other hand, fell off the radar of MMA fans a bit after that big win, choosing instead to focus on grappling tournaments for the past couple of years.
I've always felt that it was a bit of a lost opportunity for him, cause had he followed up on that big win, he could've been one of the more popular stars in the Asian circuit today. It's not too late though. Two weeks from now, 'Super Saiyan', who already is a pretty good striker, returns to MMA as a much improved grappler. The newly minted BJJ blackbelt heads to the Philippines to try and steal back that spotlight by making a huge statement against Arenal on PXC 28.
- Also on the PXC card, talented featherweight contender, Mark Striegl (5-0), a half-Filipino who has competed in Legend FC and the URCC, will be taking on Tae Kyun Kim of Korea. Interestingly enough, for this camp, Striegl, who grew up in Japan, has been training in high altitude with talented guys like Will Chope, who picked up a win this weekend at URCC XX, and fellow Filipino featherweight star, Eric Kelly in the mountains of Baguio, Philippines.
- Team Lakay Wushu fighters Denver Labrador, Crisanto Pitpitunge, and Geje Eustaquio, will also be on the PXC card that also features guys like Ale Cali, and Jon Delos Reyes. Check out the full fight card after the jump
November 26, 2011 - Ynares Sports Arena, Pasig, Philippines
- Jon Tuck vs. Tristan Arenal
- Orlimer Celeste vs. Denver Labrador
- Angelito Cimeni vs. Crisanto Pitpitnge
- Dylan Pablo vs. Ale Cali
- Rolando Dy vs. Elliot Untalan
- Alvin Cacdac vs. Josh Alvarez
- David Cho vs. Geje Eustaquio
- Victor Galdon vs. Jon Delos Reyes
- Benjie Lumacad vs. Joseph Mercado
- Moses Baca vs. Jerry Legaspi
- Tae Kyun Kim vs. Mark Striegl
- Carlo Astudillio vs. Chris Steven Cabredo