The fine folks at MMA Fighting put together the highlights from last night's post-fight press conference for us since the UFC did not stream them live. UFC 137 was Nick Diaz' coming out party for many UFC fans who have never seen the kid from Stockton fight. His utter dominance of B.J. Penn is the biggest story coming out of this weekend.
- Nick Diaz was late to the presser because he was unable to urinate for his post-fight drug test even after drinking 10 bottles of water.
- Nick wasn't 100% for the fight. He had some issues and he isn't happy with his performance.
- Nick still believes that Georges St. Pierre is trying to avoid the fight with him. Not having that fight was mentally draining and difficult to find motivation.
- Dana White announces that Nick Diaz will receive the next shot at Georges St. Pierre. Dana expects Diaz to be elated. Diaz goes off on a rant about how he has to be the villain to get the fight. He claims that he's only getting it because fans want to see him get beat up. He sounds angry about getting the fight.
- Carlos Condit has agreed to step aside to let Diaz fight GSP first. He'll also fight on the Superbowl weekend card.
- Diaz claims there's not enough money in the sport. Floyd Mayweather made $25million and can't stop the double leg.
- Dana finally gets frustrated at Nick's ranting and starts going off about how the night could have been better if he didn't screw Diaz out of his title shot.
It's a great post fight presser and shows why Nick Diaz is one of the most loved fighters in the sport. Highlight is Diaz making the crowd of media laugh and then claiming his toils aren't funny.