Its a great fight, Condit is a beast, GSP is the greatest . . . blah blah blah.
Nick Diaz deserves to get the title shot against Georges St-Piere. Why?
- He hasn't lost since 2007, and hasn't really been beaten since Sean Sherk at UFC 59
- His skills are more complete than Condits', and his skillset make for a more interesting fight. GSP is a calculating, gameplanning takedown artists who out-thinks you and out plans you and then takes you down over and over, smothering and wearing you out. Diaz is a wild striker with an endless gas tank and fire hydraint chin who's BJJ is world class and hands can rip your face apart. Condit is a striker that GSP can take down and dominate. There is buzz for St-Pierre and Diaz, not Condit.
- Carlos's UFC's career isn't as impressive in terms of name fighters - he lost to Martin Kampmann, and was dominated by Rory McDonald. His best win is knocking out Dan Hardy. He's a great fighter, but he has nothing on his record compared to what Diaz just did to BJ Penn.
- Diaz would force GSP to be more than just the aw-shucks guy he is now. GSP's past fights haven't been interesting because he shows so much respect for his opponents and his opponents show so much respect to him. Diaz won't do that.
- Come on, Georges St-Pierre vs. NIck Diaz!!!
an MMA Fan.