Hopefully, this is not the Ultimate Fighter jersey to be worn for the Philippine edition.
As always, here's a complete rundown of the recent news and rumblings coming out of the Asian MMA scene:
- As reported earlier, The Ultimate Fighter: Philippines is in the works for a 2012 run. The details on the show have yet to be finalized, although sources close to the situation have informed BloodyElbow.com that the tentative plan is to host the tryout in the Philippines, ship out the final cast to film at the TUF house in Vegas, and then have the Finale back in the Philippines. Again, these details are far from finalized, although if this pushes through, it pretty much guarantees the production values of these international editions of TUF won't be compromised.
- I have just been told by URCC officials that Filipino MMA stars, Eduard Folayang, Eric Kelly, and Jessie Rafols have all recently signed new contracts with the promotion. Folayang and Kelly are fresh off big wins at One FC, while Rafols is currently set to headline URCC 20 on November 5 against Lakay Wushu star, Kevin Belingon.
- [UPDATE] - URCC Head, Bubbles Aguilar gives BloodyElbow.com more details on this. The three Filipinos have signed URCC Talent Management Contracts, meaning that they will not only fight for the URCC, but the URCC Talent Management (UTM) Division will also be representing them for all their international bouts from here on out.
- PXC's next event will be back in Guam this October. Former URCC bantamweight champ, Justin "The Shocker" Cruz will be headlining against Trevin Jones for the PXC 135 lb title. Also on the card is a David vs. Goliath bout where their top 135 lb prospect, Joe Taimanglo (15-4-1) takes on the newly minted PXC lightweight champ, Harris Sarmiento for the vacant featherweight title.
- One month after that, PXC head's back to the Philippines on November 26, and they're moving out from the Resorts World Manila, and into the Ynares Sports Center in Pasig. This means more seats, a better view, and cheaper seats too.
- As James Goyder wrote in the FanPosts, UFC Programming is no longer available in Thailand. The few hardcore fans in the area will still find ways to watch their MMA, but this is definitely a huge blow to the country's MMA scene that has been starting to develop.
- One FC has partnered up with both Road FC of Korea and Dare FC of Thailand, which would surely be beneficial to their roster of fighters.
- Since we're talking about Dare, check out the results of their 2nd event here.
- Are you in Asia? One FC, Legend FC, and Evolve MMA, are all hiring.
- Team Quest and Legend FC partnered up and sent Pat Healy and Brad Hannah to China, to help out budding MMA and Sanda fighters from Xian Physical Education University to round out their game. This will be a six week MMA camp, which would definitely invaluable to the Chinese MMA scene, as they develop a good system that would help out all these tremendous strikers have a more complete MMA game. Follow @BamBamHealy on twitter for details on this camp.
- Speaking of Legend FC, their 6th event will be at the end of this month, and it will be headlined by a lightweight title bout between Jadamba Narantungalag and current champ, Adrian Pang. Also sources close to the situation have told us that Legend had plans of hosting a show in the Philippines and were actively trying to secure a domestic TV deal. Nothing has been finalized as of a few days ago, although if they can't get that deal, it could be a sticking point that prevents them from actually venturing to the country.
Team Quest's Brad Hannah and Legend Fighting Championship’s Joe Qiao -- Photo by Liu Xiao Ming
After the jump, check out the Dare FC bout between Adam Kayoom vs. Seok Mo Kim.
- Seok Mo Kim fought a few weeks before this on ONE FC, with him able to survive multiple submission attempts from Gregor Gracie. Check out as he took on BJJ Black Belt Adam Kayoom:
- Kayoom is now a ONE FC fighter, and with him being one of the few top Malaysian fighters out there, it would make sense to have him on that future Malaysian card planned by the promotion.
- Also, the URCC will host another provincial event, 'URCC Bacolod Brawl' on October 16 featuring a bunch of talented fighters including former pinweight contender, Alvin Ramirez. Here's the fight card for the event: