There's a bunch of news coming out of the Asian MMA scene lately, so let's get right to it:
- ONE Fighting Championship had their debut event last September, a few months later, and the promotion breaks their silence and announced the official dates for their next three shows for 2012. It's going to happen on three different countries, with less than a month apart in between them.
- Their first destination for 2012 will be on February 11, at the
Jakarta, Indonesia. That's a 4000 capacity indoor arena that's usually used for basketball games.
- Second destination for the year will be on
- the Philippines Korea
After the jump, several more news and updates from URCC, Road FC, Legend FC, and more.
- Road FC 5 is shaping up really well. Earlier it was reported that UFC vet Denis Kang will take on Shungo Oyama as part of their middleweight tournament, and Evolve MMA's Brian Choi will make his featherweight debut against Bae Young Kwon. If that wasn't good enough, just recently added to the card, is a lightweight bout between dangerous Muay Thai striker, Vuyisile Colossa and Legend FC vet, "The Korean Bulldozer" Yui Chul Nam.
URCC 20, on November 5, also had a lot of changes and updates recently with the URCC finally releasing a bunch of fights for their milestone event. Multiple title fights will still be on the line, but with injuries to Kevin Belingon and Sabah Fadai forcing them to pull out of their respective title bouts, the URCC brass had to shift things around to produce this fight card.
- Jessie Rafols vs. Reydon Romero [Bantamweight Super-Fight Title]
- Igor Subora vs. Ryan Pagalinawan [Heavyweight Title]
- Nicholas Mann vs Chris Luna [Light Heavyweight Title]
- Patrick Manicad vs Honorio Banario [Lightweight Title]
- Dexter Mistades vs Froilan Sarenas [Middleweight Title]
- Pete Brooks vs. Mac Sabiano [Cruiserweight Title]
- Lando Espinosa vs Adam Cacay
- Will Chope vs Jerson Estoro
- Rodel Orais vs. Jilmar Tangayan
- Sabah Fadai, who lost his MFC debut, gave this statement to Zike of MMA Orient: "I was suppose to fight November 5th for the title but I have suffered an injury in my last fight so I’m pulling out. Would have been nice to take Banario's belt though"
- The URCC Bacolod Brawl 2011 was concluded last week. Check out the results here.
- There are two big events in the region this week. On October 29, in Guam, it's PXC 27 which will be headlined by a bantamweight title fight between former URCC champion, Justin Cruz, and Trevin Jones, along with a featherweight championship bout between Guam's most popular fighter, Joe Taimanglo, and their current lightweight champion, Harris Sarmiento.
- The following day, it's Legend FC 6, which will be headlined by an excellent lightweight title bout between the champion, Adrian Pang of Australia, and Sengoku vet, Jadamba Narantungalag. The event will be available on PPV in Canada, Australia and the US.
- Speaking of Adrian Pang, here's training footage from his camp. (HT: MMA Orient)