Friday October 21
It's returned, good people! Thanks for wasting your time with me.
3:00am George Chuvalo vs. Muhammad Ali (ESPN Classic)
4:30am Muhammad Ali vs. Oscar Bonavena (ESPN Classic)
9:00am The Ultimate Fighter 12: Team Koscheck vs. Team St. Pierre (Spike TV)
10:00am The Ultimate Fighter 12: Team Koscheck vs. Team St. Pierre (Spike TV)
11:00am The Ultimate Fighter 12: Team Koscheck vs. Team St. Pierre (Spike TV)
12:00pm The Ultimate Fighter 12: Team Koscheck vs. Team St. Pierre (Spike TV)
1:30pm Ring Life: Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez (HBO2)
3:30pm It's Showtime: Fast and Furious 70kg MAX Tournament (HDNet)
6:00pm Francisco Sierra vs. Jesus Gonzalez (ESPN3D)
6:30pm Face Off with Max Kellerman: Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez (HBO2)
7:00pm Songahm Fall Nationals: ATA Martial Arts Invitational (ESPN3)
7:45pm Locked In The Cage 9 (FREE Lockedinthecage.com)
8:00pm Inside MMA (HDNet)
9:00pm XFC 14: Resurrection (HDNet)
9:00pm New York Mixed Martial Arts (GoFightLive $9.99)
10:00pm M-One Grand Muay Thai Championship (GoFightLive $14.99)
11:00pm Edwin Rodriguez vs. Will Rosinsky/Daniel Sostre vs. Gabriel Bracero (Showtime)
11:00pm Ultimate Reno Combat 28: Invincible (GoFightLive $9.99)
Saturday October 22
12:00am John Molina Jr. vs. Rob Frankel (ESPN3D)
12:00am Inside MMA (HDNet)
12:00am Alfonso Gomez vs. Calvin Green (FSN)
1:00am Edwin Rodriguez vs. Will Rosinsky/Daniel Sostre vs. Gabriel Bracero (Showtime Extreme)
1:30am XFC 14: Resurrection (HDNet)
3:30am MMA Live (ESPN2)
4:30am Inside MMA (HDNet)
7:00pm Bellator 55 Prelims (Spike.com)
7:30pm The Rise of a Warrior 4 (FREE GoFightLive)
8:00pm Take on Productions: Battle at Ballys ($14.99 GoFightLive)
9:00pm Bellator 55 (MTV2)
9:00pm Muay Thai Journey: Fight Series IV ($9.99 GoFightLive)
9:00pm Jackson's MMA Series 6 ($10 Jacksons.tv)
10:00pm 24/7 Marquez vs. Pacquiao (HBO)
10:30pm Nonito Donaire vs. Omar Andres Narvaez/Juan Carlos Martinez vs. Miguel Angel Garcia (HBO)
Sunday October 23
12:45am 24/7 Marquez vs. Pacquiao (HBO)
8:00am 24/7 Marquez vs. Pacquiao (HBO)
8:30am Nonito Donaire vs. Omar Andres Narvaez/Juan Carlos Martinez vs. Miguel Angel Garcia (HBO)
10:45am Ring Life: Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez (HBO)
4:30pm Nonito Donaire vs. Omar Andres Narvaez/Juan Carlos Martinez vs. Miguel Angel Garcia (HBO2)
6:00pm Alfonso Gomez vs. Calvin Green (FSN)
9:00pm Chuck Wepner vs. Muhammad Ali (ESPN)
10:00pm Shark Fights 17 (Fuel TV)
11:00pm Shark Fights 18 (Fuel TV)
11:30pm 24/7 Marquez vs. Pacquiao (HBO2)
Under the Radar: Names that aren't on American broadcasted shows this week.
Paul Daley vs. Luigi Fioravanti (Ringside MMA: Daley vs. Fioravanti, October 21, Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec)
Mike Whitehead vs. Jojo Thompson (Rage In The Cage 156, October 22, Wild Horse Pass Casino, Chandler, Arizona)
Paul Kelly vs. Ryan Healy (SportFight 30: Limitless, October 22, Mt. Hood Community College Gymnasium, Gresham, Oregon)
Mario Miranda vs. Aaron Stark (SportFight 30: Limitless, October 22, Mt. Hood Community College Gymnasium, Gresham, Oregon)
Joey Villasenor vs. Chuck Parmelee (Jackson's MMA Series 6, October 22, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Albuquerque, New Mexico)
Masanori Kanehara vs. Douglas Frey (Jackson's MMA Series 6, October 22, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Albuquerque, New Mexico)
Pongsaklek Wonjongkam vs. Edgar Sosa (October 21, 11th Inf Reg, Bangkok, Thailand)
Marco Huck vs. Rogelio Rossi (October 22, Ludwigsburg Arena, Ludwigsburg, Germany)
Best Viewing Options: A man who roots for possibly the two worst and ugliest-playing teams in American football tries to persuade you to watch something besides his awful (yet somehow above .500 combined) teams.
1. Bellator 55: WAR BANTAMWEIGHTS! Galvao, Vila, West, Dantas. HO! M'Pumbu versus the ever-present Travis Wiuff. Plus a fun undercard. Escudero, Steinbess, Richard Hale.
2. Nonito Donaire vs. Omar Narvaez: Watching Nonito fight is a joy and something the boxing world DESPERATELY needs after last weekend. Hopefully after Nonito disposes of Narvaez, he can put on a combination clinic on Abner Mares's scrotum.
3. XFC 14: Not a great card, per se, but has enough enough potential in fighters like Varner, Molly Helsel, and Marrero vs. Barrett to be intriguing. Your typical Friday night HDNet fare, which means I'll be watching.
4. 24/7 Pacquiao vs. Marquez: It's 24/7 and I've yet to be let down by any 24/7, even if I don't get to watch another Mayweather family breakdown this time.
5. Chuck Wepner vs. Muhammad Ali: I'm guessing all of you know the story of Ali-Wepner. ESPN is actually broadcasting it in prime time, restored in HD and all the trimmings.
6. Take on Productions Battle at Ballys: Yeeeaaahhh, the $15 tag is a little much, but the production looks outstanding, the card looks outstanding, Bally's is a fun fight venue, and GFL is making it available on tablets, mobile devices, and just about anything else you can conceive. High-level Muay Thai with all that? Hmmmm....
7. Locked In The Cage 9: Indy wrestling fans will instantly feel at home in the venue, the ECW/New Alhambra/South Philly Arena. The Pennsylvania MMA scene is really lacking. I'd know, as a Pennsylvania MMA fan. However, LITC is slowly coming to life as a quality promotion. And it's free dollars!
8. Jackson's Fighting Series 6: A pretty damned good little card for Greg's pet project.
9. The Rise of a Warrior 4: Free MMA!
10. New York Mixed Martial Arts: This is a documentary about the grassroots campaign and trials/tribulations of the ongoing struggle of legalizing MMA in New York. Why it's $10? No idea and it's why it's not further up.
BV Loses You Money: A man I'll never be (holy Boston reference!) attempts to flush more of your money down the toilet.
Last Weekend's Hangover:
If you put down $100 on each of my predictions four weeks ago, you'd have today:
BV Lost You: $29!
On the Year: -$481
Nonito Donaire -2500 Omar Narvaez
Alexis Vila -315 Marcos Galvao
Ed West +200 Eduardo Dantas
Lines courtesy of BetCris
Your YouTube Finale: This was from last year. I HAAAATTEEE Boston sports and their entitled melodramatic "spirit", but they did it right with these series of commercials. This was my favorite. Also, girls in hockey sweaters drinking beer makes my knees wobbly.
Boston Bruins | "Date" (via AdFreakFive)