For those that didn't watch Sunday afternoon football, it is likely that you missed the latest promo spot for the November 12th UFC on Fox card. Fox has been promoting the Cain Velasquez vs Junior Dos Santos title fight at every turn, especially during the baseball playoffs and NFL season. Last night they debuted another promo for the fight, this time featuring the Rolling Stones "Sympathy for the Devil".
I'm a huge Stones fan and an even bigger fan of the song, which I consider one of the best soundtracks for any situation, be it Call of Duty or a UFC on Fox spot. With Fox already investing in higher production values and willing to promote an event that technically isn't part of the seven year contract, it is safe to say that the UFC has found their dream partner they were always looking for. From discussions with Dana White, I know that the November 12th card is his biggest focus and that he needs it to go off without a hitch. There also is still no word of how the rest of the card will be aired, but all signs point towards a lengthy Facebook stream due to the existing Spike TV contract.
Card after the jump...
UFC on Fox 1: Velasquez vs. Dos Santos
November 12, 2011
Live on Fox
- Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos [UFC Heavyweight Championship]
- Ben Henderson vs. Clay Guida
- Dustin Poirier vs. Pablo Garza
- Cub Swanson vs. Ricardo Lamas
- Norifumi Yamamoto vs. Darren Uyenoyama
- Mackens Semerzier vs. Robert Peralta
- Alex Caceres vs. Cole Escovedo
- Mike Pierce vs. Paul Bradley
- Aaron Rosa vs. Matt Lucas