I apologize in advance if this is supposed to be a Fanshot or my pics are huge or formatting is messed up, as this is my first post. I figured it was better late than never to get some of the shots up I grabbed from Shark Fights 13 and thought someone might feel like taking a look. We drove from D/FW to Amarillo, roughly 6 hours, to get to the event and I have to admit I was pretty impressed by the overall presentation.
A few things I noticed/witnessed about/at the event :
- Our seats were pretty good for 60.00 and about half the cost of UFC 103, the beer was relatively cheap as well (4.50 per 12 oz).
- The venue was really really small, but parking was amazing! We were in and parked in less than a minute and out of the event and driving off within 2 minutes.
- Amarillo fans boo just like Austin Fans and Just like Dallas Fans. I think the Fans in Texas have to be full of rage and hate any form of the ground or clinch game. TX wants KO's
- Houston Alexander is HUGE, we walked over to meet him and the guy was massive (he seems much smaller on TV). He was going to take a picture with us and told us to hold on for a minute then walked away and never came back.
- Brock Larson is pretty big as well, and after his fight him and his entourage ended up seated in the normal people section (see: not lower level) to watch the rest of the fights.
- Rashad Evans really likes little kids, he seemed to take like 20 pictures with this one little kid and have what had to have been a 10 minute conversation with him.
- Bas Rutten really likes Ring Girls, he seemed to take like 20 pictures with this one and have what had to have been a 10 minute conversation with the other.
Anyways, thanks for reading fellow BEers...hope you Enjoyed!
Civic Center Coliseum in Amarillo (Is'nt she glorious?)
Jardine Pulling in.
Meeting Greg Jackson (He Dug the thumbs up)
Frye and Bas
View From the Top of the Arena
View From Our Seats