"To be honest, I didn't want to go [to TMZ], but everybody was, like, 'Maybe you should. You have nothing to hide.' Well, I don't. So it kind of happened like that. But at the same it was very, very weird, man. I was really thankful, to be honest. It could have gone either way, I guess, but then again, if you look at things correctly, you don't do that. You don't fully [hit] a girl behind the head, and especially if you're three times the size of her, and they say he was, like, an NFL player. They say he could have potentially killed the girl ... I believe the case is closed. The guy never came forward or pressed any charges, and it kinda is left at that ... It happened. Would have I done it again if I saw the same thing? Of course. I never expected for any of this to come out the way it came out. I'm no hero, man. I just feel like I did the right thing."
More Bloody Elbow coverage of the Roger Huerta street fight:
- Roger Huerta engages in a street fight in Austin, Texas
- MMA Community: Pro Roger Huerta, Pro Street Justice
- Will Roger Huerta Get Jail Time or Sued for Street Fight? Did TMZ Libel Roger Huerta?
- Quote of the Day: Roger Huerta, "I Got the Better of Him"
- Austin TX TV News Coverage of Roger Huerta Fight With 911 Calls, Police Comment
- Did Roger Huerta Flatten Former University of Texas Longhorn and Atlanta Falcon Rashad Bobino?
- Roger Huerta Appears on TMZ Live, Talks About Street Fight, Says "I Would Do It Again"