This event might have not been exactly the most anticipated card of the year, but it delivered better action than any card in recent memory. Some quick thoughts:
- Every fight delivered back and forth action that saw every fighter have their moments. Hopefully no one will be cut after this card.
- The two headlining fights had considerable drama and sentimental appeal as Cro Cop and Chuck Liddell fought for their careers. Two very different outcomes.
- Rich Franklin may or may not be a factor in the future of the light heavyweight division, but Chuck Liddell is clearly done.
- Mirko "Cro Cop" Filopovic earned another fight in the UFC. I don't know what this means for Pat Barry's future, but it can't be good.
- Martin Kampmann will burst into the top 10 of this month's USAT/SBN Consensus MMA Rankings this month after completely out-classing Paulo Thiago.
- Ben Rothwell and Gilbert Yvel produced one of the most entertaining heavyweight fights I can remember seeing. I sure hope Yvel gets a third chance in the Octogon.
- Red hot prospect Rory MacDonald showed he's for real against Carlos Condit, but Condit showed what it takes to fight at the top levels when he came back to finish MacDonald in three.
- Evan Dunham will storm the top ten in the USAT/SBN Consensus MMA Rankings after pushing aside long term contender Tyson Griffin. Dunham looked very well rounded, but mostly he seemed much bigger than Griffin, who had very little for Dunham.
- Mac Danzig got utterly burgled by Referee Yves Lavigne as Matt Wiman got a gift stoppage in the one disappointment of the night. We'll need a re-match ASAP.