Bellator's Season 2 Lightweight Tournament semifinal match ups has been announced and will happen at Bellator XVII which will be held in Boston, on May 6th.
- Eddie Alvarez vs. Josh Neer [Non-Title "Super Fight"]
- Roger Huerta vs. Pat Curran [LW Semi-Final]
- Carey Vanier vs. Toby Imada [LW Semi-Final]
- Nate Kittredge vs. Justin Torrey [185 lbs.]
- Greg Rebello vs. John Clarke [185 lbs.]
- Dan Bonnell vs. Josh Laberge [145 lbs.]
- Nate Lamotte vs. Chuck O'Neil [170 lbs.]
As a fan, I can’t wait for our May 6th show in Boston,” Rebney said. “Alvarez vs. Neer should be explosive, with Eddie making his first appearance in the U.S. since he won our lightweight title last summer. Huerta vs. Curran just got really interesting coming off of Pat’s one punch KO of previously undefeated Mike Ricci. Toby’s world class submission wrestling vs. Carey’s world class wresting should be a great fight as well.”
Alvarez’s Super Fight against. Neer could not come at a better time for the Bellator champion. Just two weeks ago, Alvarez (19-2) was the consensus No. 3 lightweight in the world behind B.J. Penn and Shinya Aoki. With Penn and Aoki both losing over the last week, Alvarez has an opportunity on national television to establish himself as the world’s top-ranked lightweight.