- Yesterday Jonathan Snowden broke news on Cage Potato that Versus would be returning to DirecTV quietly next week as a part of a sports package. Unfortunately for us MMA fans several other sources have said that a deal is not close to being done and that Versus will not accept being part of a sports package.
- Denis Kang suffered a neck injury and according to Top MMA News will be replaced in his W-1 fight with Vernon "Tiger" White by Jason MacDonald. So the event will go on as scheduled with Vernon White vs. [UFC Washout].
- I've been asking around and hitting many more dead ends than usual on the status of the Strikeforce event and potentially moving it to April 24. I'm going to go ahead and say that no one (even those at CBS or Strikeforce) has any idea what date that show will end up on. But it does seem that they're aware that it's not hurting them to go heads up with the Super Six card on Showtime if need be.
- I was out at the bar with Scott Christ of Bad Left Hook last night and, while our wives were talking about how they need to go clothes shopping, we were talking about James Toney in the UFC. It really reinforced many concerns about Toney in the UFC. Stylistically he depends so much on shoulder rolls and defense while up against the ropes right now in boxing. He will have to change his entire game to find any success in the Octagon. While a Ray Mercer or a Ricardo Mayorga can do what they always do and try to flip a guy's switch with one punch, Toney can't try and be a cute, defensive boxer when he can get taken down while going into his shell.
- Finally, for those of you who enjoy interviews with fighters who aren't at the major leagues yet, go check out MMA For Real's interview with North Carolina prospect Joseph Carroll.