As reported here a few weeks back, Eduard Folayang (5-1) is set to headline 'URCC XVI: Reckoning' on March 27th against a Korean opponent. The URCC has now announced that Folayang will go back up in weight and defend his welterweight title against Dooje Chung, who will be making his URCC debut. Only limited details on his Chung are available, but interestingly enough, he was a part of the Korean National Gymnastics team.
Folayang won the promotion's welterweight belt back in 2007 when he defeated Allan Co in the first round, but the decorated Wushu/San Shou expert has been campaigning at 155 pounds for his last few bouts.
The card is shaping up pretty well as there is another title bout between Angelito Manguray and Salvador Domasian for the vacant lightweight title. Also on the card are promising undefeated prospects, and Folayang's Lakay Wushu teammates, Erwin Focad and George Lusadan who are set to make a quick turn around from their victories at URCC Baguio 2: 'Tribal Wars'.
Also set to appear on the card are former URCC champs Richard Lasprilla and Vicente Pajaro.
URCC XVI card so far:
- Dooje Chung vs Eduard Folayang [URCC Welterweight Championship]
- Angelito Manguray vs Salvador Domasian [URCC Lightweight Championship]
- Angelo Estanol vs Richard Lasprilla
- Joel Taon vs George Lusadan
- Igor Subora vs Vicente Pajaro
- Hideo Morikawa vs Erwin Focad
- Lando Espinosa vs Charles De Tomas
- Alvin Ramirez vs Sonny Tubal
- Franz Altarejos vs Joward Agao
- Jerson Estoro vs Roldan Cartajena