Fresh off his UFC 109 victory over Ronnys Torres, Melvin Guillard is jumping right back into training and will face another dangerous Brazilian in May according to MMA Junkie:
MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned from sources close to the organization that Guillard and Brazilian Thiago Tavares (14-3-1 MMA, 4-3-1 UFC) have verbally agreed to meet at UFC 114.
Thiago Tavares last saw action at UFN 20 in January where he fought to a rare draw with Nik Lentz.
UFC 114 now includes:
- Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Rashad Evans
- Forrest Griffin vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
- Amir Sadollah vs. Dong Hyun Kim
- Diego Sanchez vs. John Hathaway
- Todd Duffee vs. Mike Russow
- Cyrille Diabate vs. Luiz Cane
- Chris Leben vs. Aaron Simpson
- Melvin Guillard vs. Thiago Tavares
- Efrain Escudero vs. Dan Lauzon
- Jesse Forbes vs. Ryan Jensen