I was switching back and forth between the two, and I was more entertained by Strikeforce tonight. Does that mean that it was a better production? No, not really. The announcers still annoyed me, especially Mauro (calling rounds stanzas, calling triangles armbars, and just talking), and the fighter entrances were stupid looking due to the catwalk and pyrotechnics (is this WWE?). The fights were more satisfying, though. 4 finishes (3 great KOs and 1 TKO) versus 1 finish ("McKenzitine") that wasn't even on the main card. I knew I liked Cody for good reason. Every single main card fight was a decision. This probably means that the UFC has more even match-ups (decisions have been a trend there lately). Is that always a good thing? For the sport itself, yes, but, for pure entertainment, I'd have to say no (unless it's a Diego Sanchez type of decision). I'm expecting a main event decision next weekend too. I hope I'm proven wrong.
- I thought it should have gone to Nam too. I'm guessing no one thought otherwise.
- I was expecting Hendricks/Story to end in a KO or TKO. I was surprised it went to a decision.
- I missed a lot of the Maia fight, so I'm not sure if that was exciting at all. It didn't seem like it to me.
- I thought Brookins was done for in that first round. He has a damn good chin.
- Daley was wearing a shirt that said "Puss Out Fightwear." What?