Rashad Evans ability to transition seamlessly from striking to take downs deserved a Judo Chop in 2010. (Photo by Jon Kopaloff/Zuffa, LLC via Getty Images)
It's been a great year for MMA and Bloody Elbow has tried to dissect the sweetest tidbits for your edification with our Judo Chop series.
As a way to celebrate the season here are some of my favorite techniques we saw in the last year:
- Anthony Pettis Unleashes the Aú Batido
- Rashad Evans Transitions From Punches to Take Downs
- The Half Guard Sweeps of Wilson Reis
- Waylon Lowe Drops Melvin Guillard With a High Leg Sweep
- Phil Davis Invents a Hammerlock Variation Called the 'Mr Wonderful'
- Shane Carwin Unleashes Brutal Dirty Boxing on Frank Mir
- C.B. Dollaway Gets the Elbow Lift Guillotine
- The Unconventional MMA Boxing of Nick and Nate Diaz
- Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic Unleashes an Axe Kick
- Frankie Edgar Uses a Cut Kick to Sweep B.J. Penn
- Matt Hughes Unleashes the "Dave Schultz Front Headlock"
- The Instinctive Judo of Yoshihiro Akiyama
- Randy Couture Uses the Low Single Leg Take Down
- Paul Sass Gives a Clinic in Pulling Guard
- Katsunori Kikuno Puts the Crescent Kick To Work
- Fedor Emelianenko's Vaunted "Fight IQ" Failed Him
- Ben Askren's Funky Wrestling Prowess
- Exchange Between Lyoto Machida and 'Rampage' Jackson
- Bocek Catches Hazelett in a Triangle From the Mount
We'll look back at more of the Judo Chops of 2010 as the holidays continue.