We'll be providing live updates from the media teleconference today via this post:
Fedor Emelianenko, Scott Coker, Ken Hershman and Vadim Finkelchtein will discuss the potentially game-changing announcement Monday that the fervently sought-after Emelianenko had signed a historic, multi-fight agreement that will see him headline mega-events co-promoted by STRIKEFORCE and M-1 Global.
Fedor will make his premium television debut during the fall when his first fight under the new agreement airs live on SHOWTIME. Up until now, all his live fights had aired exclusively on pay-per-view in the United States.
The press conference starts at 2:00 pm EST. Make sure to stay at BloodyElbow.com for what should be big news.
Hey kids, Mike Fagan here. I'll be providing updates about the press conference here. In addition, you can follow me on Twitter to fill your instant news addiction.
- Conference starting to discuss "game changing" signing of Fedor. Ken Hershman, Scott Coker, Vadim Finkelchtein, and Fedor on the call.
- Coker welcomes Fedor, greatest heavyweight of all time, to Strikeforce
- Hershman describes this signing as "epic" for Showtime.
- Vadim compliments Strikeforce, mentions TV deals in Japan, Europe.
- Fedor happy to have found great partner, fight again.
- Coker: M-1 has lots of resources internationally, good fighters.
- Fedor: I don't know my opponent yet. I will be happy with any opponent.
- Vadim: UFC did not give M-1 any chance to develop.
- Coker: Of course Dana's going to call us Strikefarce.
- M-1 lawyer confirms Zuffa's cease and desist.
- Coker: Overeem and Fedor will probably happen at some point, can't guarantee it as first fight.
- Fedor: I've fought two great fighters in my last two fights.
- Coker: PPV 6-9 months away.
- Coker: If I thought we would lose money or go out of business, we wouldn't have made the deal.
- Coker: Can't get into specifics of deal.
- Fedor: I have complete control of my career.
- Bloody Elbow's Mike Fagan gets on the call only to say, "I'm waiting for Scott." (Scott Coker is disconnected.)
- Fedor: Numbers reported on the internet were not accurate with Zuffa's offer.
- Coker: Strikeforce and M-1 are partners. We're not worried about them obtaining a promoter's license.
- Fedor: We would have signed if reported numbers were accurate.
- Vadim: Fedor's name is bigger than UFC outside America.