According to the Keep Punching blog at OCregister.com:
"The "UFC 103: Franklin vs. Belfort" pay-per-view card is going toe-to-toe with the Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Juan Manuel Marquez HBO pay-per-view event on Sept. 19. "
"The UFC is known for its creative marketing and counter-programming tactics and it looks like the MMA giant has come up with a good plan to beef up awareness for UFC 103."
"The UFC will air a two-hour telecast of the UFC 103 undercard commercial free on Spike TV as a lead in for the UFC 103 main card on pay-per-view, according to a source at the UFC."
Main Card Bouts:
- Rich Franklin (25-4) -175 vs. Vitor Belfort (18-8) +145
- Junior dos Santos (8-1) -140 vs. Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic (25-6-2) +110
- Mike Swick (14-2) -185 vs. Martin Kampmann (15-2) +145
- Josh Koscheck (12-4) -500 vs. Frank Trigg (19-6) +305
- Tyson Griffin (13-2) -240 vs. Hermes Franca (19-7) +195
- Efrain Escudero (11-0) -165 vs. Cole Miller (15-3) +135
- Dan Lauzon (12-2) vs. Rafaello Oliveira (9-1)
- Paul Daley (21-8-2) vs. Brian Foster (10-3)
- Drew McFedries (8-5) vs. Tomasz Drwal (16-2-1)
- Jason Brilz (17-1) vs. Eliot Marshall (7-1)
- Vladimir Matyushenko (22-4) vs. Igor Pokrajac (21-5)
- Robert Emerson (9-7) vs. Rafael Dos Anjos (11-4)
- Jim Miller (14-2) vs. TBA
[UPDATE] by Nick Thomas:
The Prelim Special will be a one-hour, commercial free broadcast centered around the Efrain Escudero vs. Cole Miller matchup. The other fight that is confirmed to air on the Prelim Special is Drew McFedries vs. Tomasz Drwal.
The reports that surfaced initially that were speculating about the UFC 103 Prelim Special being a 2-hour broadcast were incorrect.