Just got done watching Strikeforce, and I thought I'd put down the first 10 thoughts/questions/ideas that popped into my head tonight. Overall, the fights were entertaining but the production came off as amateurish and tacky.
Okay, here we go!
1) Gus Johnson needs to go. He reminds me of myself when I was 18 years old - ready to kill myself because I couldn't stand my job. I'd rather have Bill Goldberg back for the pure insansity. Gus doesn't seem to be all that interested in MMA as he probably dreams of working Monday Night Football. Can they not find an actual MMA fan and supply media training?
2) Strikeforce needs more/better cameras on the action. There were some truly awful camera angles in there that were incredibly distracting - almost as bad as the BJ Penn/Rodrigo Gracie fight at Rumble on the Rock when the cameraguy decided to follow the fight in the crowd instead of the one in the cage.
3) What the f*ck is a Bar Arm Choke?
4) Nick Diaz is truly the top P4P jackass in the sport. He dominated his fight, but crapping all over Scott Smith's camp crossed a line that I don't think has ever been crossed before. So I guess I'm an even bigger Nick Diaz fan today than I was yesterday.
5) Gina/Cyborg is coming, but at what weight? Will one/both of them fail to make weight for the biggest fight in the history of women's MMA?
6) I feel really bad for Andrei Arlovski. He really needed an impressive win to get his career going, and getting KO'd twice in a row won't do much for his fledgling boxing career. And the stoppage was 100% on the money.
7) Nick Diaz vs. Joe Riggs seems like an awfully good idea to me. They have some of the baddest blood in the history of MMA.
8) Strikeforce needs some new middleweights. Two of their top guys were finished by two fighters coming UP in weight to fight them, and champion Cung Le is out shooting movies. Jason McDonald might be interested...
9) Jake Shields needs to finish out his contract and come to the UFC. There is no competition for him in Strikeforce, and it's time for him to step into the cage with the UFC's top welterweights.
10) Fire Gus Johnson. NOW!