Gosh darn it I'm exhausted and drunk but the news regarding Kimbo Slice appearing on the next season of The Ultimate Fighter is just boggling my mind right now.
Here are my 10 immediate thoughts:
1) Kimbo Slice + Rashad/Rampage feud + NFL Veterans = Huge Ratings
2) Gary Shaw must be PISSED. He destroyed EliteXC by betting the company on Kimbo Slice, and now Dana White will reap all the benefits of Kimbo's notoriety.
3) Now we know why there is no eliminator round - the UFC wanted to guarantee Kimbo would be on the show.
4) Did the UFC cut Kimbo a special deal? He made some big paydays with EliteXC - I assume the standard TUF contract doesn't apply to him.
5) If Kimbo somehow wins the season, he'll be the next big PPV draw for the company. Either way, he'll be on the TUF finale.
6) The UFC will likely influence the coaches to delay Kimbo's first fight as long as possible to keep people interested in the show.
7) Could Kimbo be the newest member of the Jackson camp? Rashad will likely be bringing those guys in to be his assistant coaches. What can the maestro Greg Jackson do with Kimbo Slice should he end up on Rashad's team?
8) Dana White is officially the master of the calculated freakshow risk. Brock Lesnar has been a huge PPV success and at the very very very least, Kimbo Slice will keep TUF going strong for one more season and guarantee a big fat ratings pop for the finale.
9) With Rampage, Rashad, and now Kimbo, the UFC could make some ratings breakthroughs with the African-American community.
10) There will be 15 other guys hungry to make a name for themselves in the sport. They will all be gunning to fight him - should make life in the TUF house interesting.