Rodriguez of Fightlinker put together the above video compilation of the best pro-wrestling moves pulled off for real in MMA.
Here's a rough list of them from a previous post he did. They don't match the video exactly.
- Chance Fararr’s Mountain Bomb on Urijah Faber
- Urijah Faber’s Schwein Redline on Chance Fararr
- Josh Barnett’s German Suplex on Yuki Kondo
- Sean Sherk’s Spinebuster on Kenny Florian
- Jamie Varner’s Death Valley Driver on Sherron Leggett
- Nate Marquardt’s Kawada Driver to Thales Leites
- Caol Uno’s Sleeperhold on Mitsuhiro Ishida
- Yoshihisa Yamamoto’s DDT to Mark Kerr
- Wes Sims’ Jacknife Powerbomb on Edwin Allseitz
- Daijiro Matsui’s Dropkick on Pele
- Houston Alexander’s Chokeslam to Thiago Silva
- Johnathan Ivey’s People’s Elbow to Joe Namath
I always loved pro-wrestling as a kid, spending countless hours on the trampoline trying to recreate thecoolest moves. Glad to see I wasn't alone. Even cooler to see some of them actually have application in MMA. Some of them are just utter duds, but one or two of the moves actually seem to work.