Referee Dan Miragliotta, who refereed four of the five bouts on Saturday night's controversial EliteXC Primetime card, speaks on a number of issues.
More specifically, he addresses:
- Claims that the Kimbo Slice - James Thompson fight was 'fixed'.
- Why he stopped the fight when he did.
- Claims that Kimbo tapped during the fight.
- Why he didn't stop the fight when Thompson was on top raining down elbows.
- Why he stood the fight up when Thompson had Kimbo in side-control.
- His own thoughts on Kimbo's potential in MMA.
- What fellow referee Kevin Mulhall thought of the stoppage.
- Why the Lawler - Smith fight was stopped.
- What he thought of the card overall.
- Baroni's entrance.
Very interesting insights from Miragliotta. He makes a good case against those who claim that the Slice - Thompson fight was fixed, or that he was in some way pressured into favoring Kimbo.