I've been seeing posts about the BE Nation's best and worst predictions of 2008... well what are some predictions y'all have for 2009. Here are some of mine:
- Affliction will go under and ProElite won't come back.
- Brock Lesnar will lose to Big Nog.
- GSP will beat BJ Penn but will then lose to Thiago Alves.
- BJ Penn will remain Lightweight Champ
- Miguel Torres will remain Bantamweight Champ in the WEC but I predict a superfight between Torres and Urijah Faber for WEC's first PPV.
- WEC will introduce women's MMA... but they won't get Gina Carano.
- Andrei Arlovski and Josh Barnett will come back to the UFC.
- The Ultimate Fighter tv show won't see 2010.
- K-1 will become more of a threat to the UFC than any other organization, the organization... not kickboxing as a whole.
- Fedor will retire since he won't ever fight in the UFC and no Japanese organization will be able to afford to pay him to fight.
- Anderson Silva will lose in 2009… I just don’t know to who.
- Jake Shields, Robbie Lawler, Joe Villasenor, and Eddie Alvarez will come to the UFC
- No one in the UFC will hold titles in two different weight classes… but either Miguel Torres or Donald Cerrone will in the WEC.
- Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos will be the first WEC women’s champ… she’ll divorce Evangelista Santos shortly after that.
- The following fighters will retire in 2009: Matt Serra, Matt Hughes, Tim Sylvia, Randy Couture, Chuck Liddell, Mirko Cro Co, Sakuraba, and Fedor.
- Aleksander Emelianenko will go to prison for murder.
What do you guys think will happen in 2009?